Friday, August 5, 2011

arguementative essay-Television

    썸네일   It is a recent issue whether watching television is good or not. Of course, TV distracts students from studying with fun and entertaining programs and they are really addictive that it is hard to come out once you go in. However, you can't ignore the good things that television has. For me, i think television is beneficial in many ways because we can learn from it and stress can be released.

      To start with, television is not only entertaining but it can be also used for education. Many people thinks that television is a fool box. However, there are documentaries which has abundant of knowledge and educational programs such as on-line lectures. These channels can help students to study. For example, my parents allow me to watch television but they always recommend me to watch documentaries because they are usually about the history from all around the world. Watching these programs help me to enlarge my background knowledge. I also listen to a math lecture from television as well. Since is i vacation and I have a plenty of time, I turn on the TV when it is time to start math lecture. After listening to it, I was able to solve the question that I wasn't even able to touch it before. It is really convenient if I just adjust the schedule. Therefore television can be used for studying.

       My second reason is that people release their stress by watching television. For example, our family members are so busy that we don't have enough time to rest during the week. But at weekends, we are too exhausted to go out so we sit around at the living room, watch television and eat snacks. We don't just sit and stare at the TV monitor. Television works as a medium that makes our family feel more attached. We talk and play and have time together.So the time when we are watching TV is more like a time of recharging our energy. Since we can't really see our faces so much, just being together makes me relax from the stress I get during the week.

       Of course, television might not be the BEST way to be used for education or to relieve stress. However, I do think that television is rather more beneficial than harmful. First, it can be used for education. Second, it can release stress. By these reasons, I think that television is beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.