Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time machine

     It is the first day of May. The sky is shining like a gold because of yellow dust. The color is mysterious but it somehow feels gloomy. 9 years have passed since my beloved dog, Milo died. My parents bought him when I was five. I was all alone, and no siblings to play with. But my parents were working together so I begged my mom to buy me a dog and promised to be responsible to him. Finally I had my first friend, Milo the Maltese. I don't know why, but I miss him today more than any other days.
     I looked back on our memories, the days we joyfully played fetch or the days we just spent together. The wild cars that did not even care when they ran  over Milo, the day when Milo died... Suddenly my eyes watered up and my heart began to pound very fast. I was running to my house very fast, just like Milo used to run towards me. It was my fault that killed Milo. If I had not told him to fetch that useless toy ball.. If I have not been thoughtless.. I only thought about Milo that I never felt that yellow sand was flying towards me. By the time when my face was covered with gold dust, I finally stopped running and forlornly walked home.
     When I arrived to my room, a carpet was in my room. It was a carpet that I have never seen. It had geometric designs on it which looked very magical. Then, I found a piece of paper.
      "This is NOT an ordinary carpet. You can move to any time and place you want. Just sit on it and close your eyes. However, you might never come back if you stay too long."
     Right after I read the message, I sat on the carpet. I had no time to doubt. All I wanted to do was to meet Milo again and ask for an apologize. So I closed my eyes and went back 9 years.
      I opened my eyes. Everything looked familiar. Yes, that carpet was a time machine! So shocked and astonished, a dog was right next to me. It was Milo! I couldn't believe my eyes. I told him that I was sorry and asked him for forgiveness. Surprisingly, Milo was talking to me.
     "It's okay Alex. I forgive you. Just remember that even though I am not your dog any more, I am always beside you, in any shape. I did not leave you and I never will. I will always encourage you and help you the best I can. Now it's time to go. The carpet is leaving!"
     "Okay Milo..Good bye! No, I mean, see you later!"
    I opened my eyes slowly. I was safely back in my room but the carpet was gone. It was a great experience. Now I guess that yellow dust might have been Milo. And I assume he will come to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.