Friday, August 5, 2011

narrative essay- I HATE math

썸네일       I used to hate math. Well,I still hate math. Whenever I opened my math books, there were no answers but just a bunch of numbers were flying. I always sighed when I went to math academy, and it took a hard time to finish their homework. Once, I started thinking about give up math. However, the 6 grade summer vacation changed my thoughts.
      
        Math academy didn't really help me out at first. I couldn't understand people who felt fun when they solve those crazy math problems. We don't even use it in reality anyways. SO i always felt that math was a useless subject. I did not participate much in class. Not only I thought math as a boring subject, but I also didn't have any confidence in math.
      
       When I took my school test, math score was always awful. All other subjects were over 96 but only math was heading down to the 50s. I got so depressed and frustrated. Because of math, I also got a low average. When I came back home, I tried to think what was wrong. Then I figured my self that I wasn't even trying. In fact, I didn't even prepare for math test.I always felt bothered to catch up other students since I was much far behind so I didn't even bare to try. Then suddenly I felt this is not the right path.
      
        For the coming vacation I only concentrated on math. I started from the fundamentals and I learned step by step. At first, I was a bit concerned because I was starting over from the beginning while other students were going ahead. I was also very worried about falling back again when I go back to school. But I tried not to worry about the future and just concentrated on what I am doing right now. Soon, I felt a sort of achievement and I actually felt a little fun. Of course there were some slumps but after when I overcame those, I speed skyrocketed and I was finally able to catch up others. For the test on second semester, my math score was 92.

       My math score is still not perfect. Actually, my math score was never perfect. It took me a long, and a hard time just to catch up others. However, I belive the time was worth it and that process is needed in order to step up. That is why I still did not give up math, not because it is needed to get a good score, but because to develop my self. Right now, I am having a hard time in history. But I know if I try, someday I will find out that I have grown up a little bit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.